Ordering Your Bronze Date of Death Scroll
Like automobile manufacturers, there are many manufacturers of bronze grave markers. The first step in ordering your bronze death date scroll is to determine which bronze memorial manufacturer made it. This may be difficult as some monument dealers who sold the bronze memorial are no longer in business or the cemetery may not have records of who manufactured it.
Not to worry. We'll help you find the right manufacturer for the bronze memorial and issue a quote to you for the bronze date scroll.
NOTE: Although this may seem like a tedious process it is necessary to ensure you get the exact bronze death date scroll for your loved one's bronze memorial.
Here is what we need to get you a quote for the bronze death date scroll:
- A photograph of the complete bronze memorial design
- A close up picture of the bronze death date scroll
- The measurements of the scroll (full details further below)
- And a rubbing of the bronze scroll (needed at the time the order is placed, not necessary for the quote process)
Photographing the Bronze Scroll and Memorial
Before photographing the bronze grave marker and date of death scroll, make sure the area to be photographed is fairly clean. It is also best to ensure there is plenty of light to get a good photograph. Here are a couple of sample photographs of a bronze grave marker and a close up of the bronze date of death scroll. Using a digital camera will help expedite the process as you will be able to email the photos.
Measuring the Bronze Death Date Scroll
It is important to accurately measure the existing bronze date scroll so we match it up with the correct death date scroll to be ordered. Please measure to the nearest 1/16th of an inch the following measurements from an existing scroll:
- The width of the scroll
- The height of the scroll
- The height of the text (name & dates if necessary)
- The distance between the screws center to center
Getting a Rubbing
This should be pretty easy and you will need the following:
- A few sheets of white paper (printer paper works fine)
- Some tape to hold the paper in place
- A couple of pencils (in case one of the leads breaks off)
Tape the paper over one of the existing bronze date of death scrolls making sure it covers the entire bronze scroll. Take your pencil and gently rub in a diagonal pattern across the entire surface of the scroll. Make sure to get an imprint of the lettering, edges of the scroll and the screws that hold it in place. These are the most important parts of the rubbing. This process may take a little practice and that is why we suggest having a few sheets of paper on hand.
As previously mentioned, the rubbing is not necessary for the quote process, but will be needed when you place the order. It is best to do the rubbing while you are getting all the other information so you don't have to make a second trip.
Send Us the Collected Information for a Quote
When you have all the information collected, please send it in an email by clicking on the link below. We'll research which bronze manufacturer makes the bronze date of death scroll and give you a quote.
To recap here is what you will email to us for a bronze scroll quote:
- A photograph of the full bronze memorial showing the entire plaque and design
- A close up photograph of the bronze scroll
- The following measurements of an existing bronze date scroll:
Length (left to right)
- Width (top to bottom)
- Distance between screw holes
- Height of text (name & dates)
- Also include your name and contact information such as a phone number and email.
Send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the button below.
Once we receive this information we'll research which manufacturer makes the bronze date scroll and issue a quote to you.